Twa-ha handed over to family following a court order


RANGPUR, June 19, 2021 (BSS) – Religious speaker Abu Twa-ha Muhammad Adnan
and two others were handed over to their respective families following an
order issued by a court here last night.

Judge of Rangpur Kotwali Contingence Court and Senior Judicial Magistrate
K M Hafizur Rahman issued the order on handing them over to families after
recording and analyzing statements of Twa-ha and the two others around 11:40
pm on Friday.

The judge took the statements of Twa-ha, his travelling companion Abu
Muhith Anshari and driver Amir Uddin for about two hours from 9:30 pm to
11:30 pm and passed the order.

Police handed them over to their respective families following the court

Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Kotwali police station of Rangpur Metropolitan
Police (RpMP) Abdur Rashid said Twa-ha with his companions Abdul Muhith and
Mohammad Feroz and driver Amir Uddin were in hiding for personal reasons
since June 10 last.

Twa-ha and his entourage left Rangpur for Dhaka at 4 pm on June 10 last by
a rented car and again left Gabtoli in Dhaka on the same night for Rangpur.

On the way back to Rangpur, Twa-ha stayed at the house of his former
acquaintance Siam in Trimohoni area of Gaibandha along with Muhith, Feroz and
driver Amir.

While staying there in hiding in Gaibandha, everyone switched off their
used mobile phones so that none could trace out their locations.

Twa-ha returned to his father-in-laws house in Khamar Mour Master Para
area adjacent to Rangpur Meteorological Office on Friday noon from where
police brought him to the DB office around 3:30 pm.

Subsequently, police found two other companions of Twa-ha and his driver
from different areas.

Later, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) of RpMP Abu Maruf Hossain at
a press conference held at the office of the Detective Branch of RpMP here on
Friday afternoon talked to journalists on the issue

“Twa-ha with his companions Muhith and Feroz and driver Amir were hiding
voluntarily for personal problems,” he said, quoting information gathered
from Twa-ha.

During interrogation, Twa-ha informed police of some of his personal
problems. Police checked and sorted those out and did not find any intention
or conspiracy of Twa-ha and his companions to embarrass the state or the

The OC said, “We produced Twa-ha, his companion Muhith and driver Amir
with a report on the overall situation before the court. The court ordered
the release of the three after analysis last night.”

Twa-ha was handed over to his mother Azeda Begum and maternal uncle Aminul
Islam following the court order and the other two to their respective

Talking to reporters on the court premises last night, Aminul Islam said,
“We were called as guardians of the Twa-ha’s family. The police handed Twa-ha
over to our custody.”

He also expressed his gratitude to the Prime Minister, Home Minister and
people of the country.