DHAKA, May 15, 2020 (BSS) – As part of precautionary measures, the
Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) has issued a 14-point guideline
for the markets of agricultural products to stem the spread of COVID-19 in
the country, an official release said.
Following are the DGHS guidelines:
1. Protective gear including masks will be preserved alongside using
disinfectant materials before reopening agri-markets and steps have to be
taken to ensure waste management.
2. To specify responsibilities of each department, and take initiatives to
impart training to workers.
3. To establish necessary medical facilities for health check-up of workers
and if any worker is found sick, he or she must be given healthcare services
on an urgent basis.
4. Medical devices for measurement of body temperature must be kept at all
entry points of markets and the people with normal body temperature will be
allowed to access the markets.
5. Normal wind flow has to be ensured in all spaces of markets side by side
ensuring normal functioning of air-condition.
6. Agri-product-based markets will have to maintain hygienic atmosphere and
selling of wild animals will be prohibited.
7. Garbage will be dumped following proper hygienic method to keep market
8. To clean public toilets every day and ensure hand washing facilities with
9. After closing markets, all market spaces have to be disinfected every day.
10. Physical distance must be followed for shoppers, sellers and other people
while staying in markets.
11. All sellers must use masks for halting the spread of COVID-19.
12. All subscribers also should use masks to limit the outbreak of the deadly
13. If any coronavirus infected case is found, the authorities of the market
must follow health directives of DGHS and they should ensure hygiene using
14. In case of any risky areas of the market for the deadly virus, business
time will be briefed alongside allowing limited gathering of people.